26 February 2015: A plethora of things
Wow, today was quite an amusement!!! There was a lot of beauty (mostly because the ridiculous amount of singing that was done), but there was also a lot of... spite. I'm kind of guilty for that, I guess, but I also knew I had to do what I did.
I wrote a controversial piece for the school newspaper, and now I've got some "haters". Yet, I know there are people who appreciated what I wrote, and that's what matters to me.
ANYWAYS, I kept last night's promise: I woke up early, went to breakfast, prayed, and read. What I read from Chambers was wonderful.... basically, he was like, "yo. you ain't doubting yoself. you doubting the power of Jesus. don't do that, bro. he can be present in the mundane moments of yo life. yea." And I was like, "Truth." I was able to keep Jesus in my mind more today than other recent days, which is great. That doesn't mean I didn't have bitter and annoyed thoughts, though. Ha, nope, Not a chance! But I was aware of my wrathful thoughts, and felt bad about them, because Jesus. (Sidenote: my grammar is super sketch in this entry, which is funny cuz I just took a grammar quiz today! LOLOL.)
Something just occurred to me. Today, more than one of my music instructors, on two separate occasions, made a comment to me about my being "timid" and "shy", but somehow becoming confident or strong when I sing and perform. They said it always comes as a surprise to them, because I don't come off that way normally. I suppose my newspaper could be similarly viewed, since writing it was a bold move and probably gained me a "few" haters, haha. Okay, so all of things didn't "just occur" to me... THIS did: I want to be this way in my Christian life, but with the power of Jesus. Christ uses to meek and the humble. I don't want to be timid or shy, but I do want to be meek and humble, because that's like me getting out of the way and letting Jesus do His thing. Yeah! That's what I want!!
You want to know what else came to my mind today (while doing inventory, na klar)? This foreign exchange student from my high school that I halfheartedly befriended during my sophomore year of high school. I might explain further later, but just know that I haven't thought about this girl in at least a couple of years.
Jetzt muss ich muss Deutsch lernen.
Amelia
No comments:
Post a Comment