Friday, December 13, 2013

I like cookies; Ich mag kekse

It's 7:41pm (eastern time), and I'm sitting here at AJ's Cafe, loving life.
This afternoon at 2:38pm, I finished my final exam for my first semester at Hillsdale College. It was a wonderful feeling. Soon after, I found out I got a 98.3% on that exam (German oral test). This next month will be filled with fun reading, musik writing, Mandolin playing, sibling time, friend time, writing time, and SLEEPING!! Ich muss schlafen! Also, I need to get rid of this stupid cold; it's been too long... 17 days of this terrible cough!

Money doesn't warm my heart. Getting a good grade doesn't warm my heart.
Friends warm my heart. Good ol' fashioned friendship. This afternoon, I read a Christmas letter that my dear friend Ramona wrote me. It was wunderbar. A good friend really does remind me just how much it's worth living life, and I never take an encouraging word for granted. Life couldn't get better at this point: there's no stress, no obligation, and I feel no pain. I am incredibly thankful for these tough past few months, though. As I see the waving flag out this cafe window, I'm reminded of how thankful I am for the freedom of this country. There's so much pain in this world, but one can always find peace and joy. And I'm glad to live in a country, no matter how screwed up it is in some ways, that advocates for the freedom of individuals. I don't have to walk the streets in fear... that might be a little different in Detroit (that's not the point, though).

So, this semester was good, really. I cried WAY too many times, but whatever. It was necessary. There was a lot of crap going on within me, and I was super sad, and I really just needed to get it all out. And you know what? I'm a lot better now. No where near perfection, but that's not exactly my goal. What is my life goal? You'll find out. We'll all find out. Things will soon be seen...

"You have to have an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea."
-Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment