It is 8:02pm (eastern time), and I sit in the Charlotte airport, thankful for a delayed flight. You see, my first flight was delayed as well, and I knew that making my next one would be cutting it close. BUT NO WORRIES! I have an ABUNDANCE of time! Another concern I had was that my mandolin would be lost in airport-land. They took it away from me while boarding my first flight, because there wasn't enough room in the plane. Well, I realized later that I didn't put this special sticker on it saying where my connecting flight went to. Fortunately though, I retrieved it after I got off the plane.
I'm actually quite proud of myself. Why? Because for once in my life, I didn't fall asleep on the airplane ride. I read my book, "Capitalist Manifesto" (which is awesome, by the way), then lightly rested my eyes while listening to Supertramp, Regina Spektor, and Coldplay. I got a window seat, which was pretty nice. The last two times I've flown, I got stuck in the middle.
While at the Detroit airport earlier today, I REALLY had an abundance of time. Due to the blustery Michigan weather, my carpooling group (Ben and this guy Brad) had to leave about 2.5 hours earlier than we had planned. We had a few scary moments of drifting on the road, but alas, we made it safely to the airport. I hope that Ben made it home safely. While at the airport, I consumed a rather scrumptious meal consisting of a quarter pounder, fries, and a mixture of lemonade and fruit punch. Every time I eat it, I remember why I love McDonald's so much. After my meal, I took a cozy little nap on a chair in a deserted gate. When I woke up, I saw my friend Jacob (from school) walk by. My mind was still pretty out of sorts (from the nap and finals and just life in general), so I stared at him as he walked by without saying anything because I couldn't remember his name. Finally, I remembered, and yelled "Jacob!" So he came and sat next to me and we talked. Then we saw another one; David. So David joined us and we all conversed. I saw several schoolio peeps there. ALSO. I later got an ice cream cone from McDonald's. It was great, and they actually gave me a lot of ice cream! Since McDonald's is a monopoly in airport-land, they could mo-def get away with giving me a small amount of ice cream. But they didn't, and I really appreciated that.
Anyways, I'm tired, as usual. I think I'm going to get some food now. All this thinking about McDonald's is reminding me that I'm hungry!
"Hey, I used to eat at McDonald's: I liked the taste of their food, especially the French fries."
-Eric Schlosser
No comments:
Post a Comment