Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lent: Day 14

3 March 2015: A prayer
Oh, Lord. I am tired of these bits of melancholy that seem to fill the little cracks of my life. Please, replace these feelings with Your love. I don't want to take what amazing friendships and experiences I have for granted. I don't want to take my education for granted, or the gifts and talents that you have given me. I don't want to take my existence and purpose for granted, and most of all, I don't want to take You for granted. In day to day life, I am living microscopically, focusing on the particular. Allow me to see what You see. Allow me to walk through life with a peace and grace that only comes through Your Son's sacrifice on the cross. Help me to seek You in all my endeavors, and change my heart into one of thanksgiving. Be gracious to me, God. Let me laugh at my silliness, let me cry at the things that are worth crying for. Be patient with me, for every day greets me with new challenges. I want more of Your joy.
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment