Yesterday, I went to church. It was a good life decision. I've been pretty stressed the past 36 hours, because exams, papers, summer employment, and housing for next semester! I did have a great conversation with my dear friend Ramona last night, though. We talked more about the "What Is Justification?" lecture. I am still struggling with this whole religion thing, but I'm not giving up, and there certainly isn't any apathy going on within me. I can't write for long, since I have my Philosophy of Education paper to work on, as well as my Grammar midterm. I'm hoping I can write more extensively on my thoughts during this 40 day journey, since I will have a lot of free time. Although this is unrelated to Jesus, I just want to say that JAZZ MUSIC IS SO WONDERFUL! Like, seriously! I like a lot of different genres of music, don't get me wrong. But since I've been in a jazz band, especially now that I both sing and play the bass guitar, I've learned so much about what happens "behind the scenes", which makes me have a deeper appreciation for jazz music. I've now played in worship bands, sung in choirs, played in a rock band, participated in several blue grass jam sessions, and I play in a jazz group. Jazz is like WOW! It reminds me of God's divinity, really. I'm amazed at how amazingly technical, yet so freeing, jazz can be. It's so beautiful, having the perfect amount of complexity and creativity. It reminds me that "God created some seriously good", haha.
Maybe I can start a Christian jazz band? That would be cool.
aMeLiA
No comments:
Post a Comment