Hi. It's currently 1005 eastern time here in South Carolina. A major problem I have is this: sometimes, I hear a song once and am almost permanently hooked on it. This has happened maybe twelve or thirteen times in my life. All things considered, that's not very many times. I was hooked on Beirut's song, The Rip Tide (which I have conveniently called simply "riptide") from last November until right now. Years ago, at age eleven, I discovered 30 Seconds to Mars' "The Kill". When I was around fourteen, it was One Republic's "Apologize" (how embarrassing).
I've always been a fan of Coldplay.... I think they're GREAT! Ever since I heard Clocks on the radio when I was eight, I thought the band was really wonderful. Well, last night, I checked out their new album on the youtube machine and found this gem... it's called Midnight. I refuse to watch the music video because I hate music videos, but if you're reading this and you haven't listen to Midnight, go and check it out. Watch the video for all I care.
The song sort of reminds me of Radiohead and Pink Floyd (my beloved) for some reason... Okay, fine. I know the reason why. Radiohead and Pink Floyd are both bands that have some super chill stuff and would probably sound even greater if one were stoned while listening to them. I never really thought of Coldplay fitting into this style, but their new song Midnight really does the trick. It really is a beautiful song. Yes, it's kind of creepy sounding and Chris Martin's voice is mo-def edited or whatever to sound all raspy, but I like it. Chris Martin never disappoints me. I'd love to meet him someday and sing a song with him with the rest of the Coldplay guys jamming along.
ANYWAYS, Midnight is really cool. Although I really love Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, and that other album with all those great songs like 42, Prospekt's March, and Postcards From Far Away, Coldplay just keeps squeezing out these beautiful songs that are quite original and full of surprises. Something that's pretty cool about a lot of their songs is that they can begin sounding one way, but end in a completely different sound and mood. I think of 42, Up With the Birds... those songs are like that. Coldplay knows how to keep a pair of ears on its "toes", ha ha. I hope to at least hear them someday in concert. Maybe I should just send them fanmail. I don't know. But for now, I'll keep listening to their Musik.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQeMxWjpr-Y
No comments:
Post a Comment