Hm. It is currently 1822 (6:22 eastern time). This evening is a strange one, and I can't exactly figure out why. Maybe it's because I'm wearing my hair like I often used to in high school, or maybe it's because after tonight is completed, I will have done three things that are very distinct and different from each other.
Perhaps the real reason for my unsettled feeling is that it's April. April is a month that's set apart in my mind for several reasons. A lot of important things that shape my life have happened in April. Heck, I even invented a holiday that takes place in this month!
I've actually been dreading this month for quite some time now... and now I'm living in it. On the top of my head right now, I can think of six out of the thirty days that are in some way marked significant in my life, and some of them have more than one significant thing about them!
So, this is April 2014. Weird. Time has a weird way of catching up with one when they are very aware of time itself. I am currently experiencing this. April marks a time of taking risks, making mistakes, celebration of great achievement, good friends, love, and sharing caramel (of course). As I was just typing up the things just mentioned, it occurred to me how cliche it sounded. I mean, all of those things (well, maybe not the sharing caramel part, but whatevs) don't just happen and make up April. They're the things that make up life, no matter what month it is.
I'm constantly thinking about dates and times and how they are important (obviously) in both my personal life and in the grander scheme of life. Dates constitute our memory of certain events that have happened in this world, whether they are small or great. The changing seasons mark times of transition.
I guess there's really only one thing left to say, and it's in the form of a question: what days, months, or seasons mark significance in your life, year after year?
"Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin', into the fuuuture..."
-Steve Miller Band, "Fly Like an Eagle"
No comments:
Post a Comment