Getting a master's degree in economics would be pretty fantastic, don't ya think? Well, if you're not interested in economics, probably not... but I think it would be quite awesome. I mean, how am I to get a stellar job with just a bachelor's degree? I don't know; it's certainly possible. I just don't know what I'm going to end up doing with my life, and it's frustrating , mysterious, and taunting. There are so many things I'd like to do before death: write an inspiring book (that isn't thrown away), be a translator with the German language, do some mission work in a foreign country (or two or three), teach at a high school, and possibly work as an investment/financial adviser for some company. Oh, and I can't forget coffee shops! I must continue playing at coffee shops!
So, grad school.... it would be great, but also potentially awful. I mean, school's great, but I've always imagined that I'd be exhausted of it after these four years. There's so much to see in the world; why would I waste time studying? To be completely honest, I mostly just want a job that makes me enough money to live in a little house, eat food, drive a car if I'm in a cold or car needed area, and have some extra money to occasionally go on trips to visit my friends and family. That would be nice. I'd really like to teach high school. High school math, economics, or German. Algebra 1, how I love thee! I think I'd shoot myself if I had to teach English or some type of Science. History would be fun, but I'm pretty sure I'd get fired if I taught it. And PE... that's just a joke. I'm not technically good at music, so I'd be a bad music teacher. So it looks like I'd teach math, economics, or German. Hey, I like those things! Hey, I'm majoring in Econ with a double (hopefully) minor in math and German! Hey, I know what I love! Okay, well, it isn't that I "love" math, it's just that I know it's useful and it would help me get into grad school if I decide on that direction.
Life is frustrating, mysterious, and taunting. As I learned in Constitution class, one can know the ends, but one must also figure out the means. What are my means?
Currently, I think they're studying :P It's late, and I need to keep studying (even though it's Saturday night). I have two midterms tomorrow: Macroecon and Constitution. I must do well. I must succeed. Or else, I will feel like crap about myself and get bad grades and feel even more like an idiot than I already do.
No comments:
Post a Comment